CONTACT :: Regional Monitoring Consultant, Exceptional Children Division, Policy, Monitoring and Audit Section
FORMS :: The Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEA) and Article 9 of North Carolina state law require that the Department of Public Instruction monitor local education agencies (LEAs) on a regular basis to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, rules, and regulations that govern the provision of special education and related services to children with disabilities. The purpose of this monitoring is to focus federal, state, and local resources on improved results for children with disabilities and their families.
The Exceptional Children Division is responsible for conducting all monitoring activities through the Continuous Improvement and Focused Monitoring System. The following documents are provided for LEA use in reporting to the State Education Agency (SEA).
The Improvement Planning Calendar was developed to assist LEAs in the preparation and timely completion of all requirements throughout the 2014-2015 school year.
- Snapshot References of 20 Indicators
- Data Submission Instructions
- Indicator 11 Data Follow-up 2014-2015
- Indicator 12 Data Follow Up 2014-2015
- K-12 Class Size and Caseload Form
- Preschool Class Size and Caseload Form
- Class Size and Caseload Waiver Request
- Considerations When Requesting Class Size Waivers
- Considerations When Requesting Caseload Waivers
- Class Size/Caseload Summary
- Related Service: Transportation Template by School Site
- Related Service: LEA Transportation Summary Form
Optional Documents for LEA Use
Indicator 13 Forms
Indicator 15 Forms