Non-Public Schools' EC Program Approval Process
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (PL 108-446) and Article 9 of North Carolina state law require that the Department of Public Instruction monitor on a regular basis non-public schools and facilities that provide special education and related services to children with disabilities who are placed in or referred to them by a local education agency (LEA). If the program maintains approval status, Local Education Agencies (LEAs) may use public education funds to help defray the special education and related services costs for students with disabilities at the school.
The North Carolina Division of Non-Public Education (DNPE) exists by authority of G.S. 115C–553, G.S. 115C–561, G.S. 115C–563(b) and G.S. 115C–566(a) to administer the requirements of Article 39, Chapter 115C of the North Carolina General Statutes which govern non-public schools (both conventional non-public and home).
Non-Public Schools' Exceptional Children Program Approval Process
- Initial Non-Public Schools' Exceptional Children Program Approval Process
- Prerequisites For Non-Public Schools' Exceptional Children Program Approval
- Non-Public Schools' Annual Exceptional Children Program Self-Assessment
- Non-Public Schools' Exceptional Children Program On-Site Review Activities
Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facilities (PRTFs)
PRTFs with EC Approved Programs
EC Program Approval Process
- Non-Public General Information
- Non-Public On Site Activities
- Non-Public Prerequisites
- Non-Public Self Assessment