Positive Behavior Intervention and Support Initiative
- The North Carolina Positive Behavior Intervention and Support Initiative is part of the North Carolina State Improvement Plan funded through the Individuals with Disabilities and Education Act (IDEA).
- The Primary Purposes of the grant were personnel development and systems change.
- Positive Behavior Intervention and Support Programs are a way to impact the learning environments in the schools in order to support high student performance and to reduce behavioral problems.
- The North Carolina Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS) sites are working to integrate their Safe Schools Plans, Character Education, and discipline efforts and strategies in order to make schools caring and safe communities for learning.
- Whole School Positive Behavior Intervention and Support is a systematic approach that establishes and reinforces clear behavioral expectations.
Presentation from the 2016 PBIS State Recognition Ceremony, Nov. 7-8 in Greensboro.
PBIS Evaluation Reports
Current Evaluation Reports Coming Soon