CIPP & Monitoring
CONTACT :: Bobbie Grammer, Exceptional Children Division, Policy, Monitoring and Audit Section
FORMS :: The Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEA) and Article 9 of North Carolina state law require that the Department of Public Instruction monitor local education agencies (LEAs) on a regular basis to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, rules, and regulations that govern the provision of special education and related services to children with disabilities. The purpose of this monitoring is to focus federal, state, and local resources on improved results for children with disabilities and their families.
The Exceptional Children Division is responsible for conducting all monitoring activities through the Continuous Improvement and Focused Monitoring System. As a component of the CIFMS, each LEA must submit a Continuous Improvement Performance Plan (CIPP). The CIPP aligns with the federal requirements of the State Performance Plan and the Annual Performance Report. The following documents are provided for LEA use in reporting to the State Education Agency (SEA).
2012-2013 CIPP Planning Calendar LAST UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 4, 2011
The CIPP Planning Calendar was developed to assist LEAs in the preparation and timely completion of all CIPP requirements throughout the 2012-2013 school year.
- Snapshot References of 20 Indicators
- Data Submission Instructions
- Indicator 11 Data Follow Up
- Indicator 12 Data Follow Up
June 30, 2013 CIPP Submission Materials
- K-12 Class Size and Caseload Form
- Preschool Class Size and Caseload Form
- Class Size and Caseload Waiver Request
- Considerations When Requesting Class Size Waivers
- Considerations When Requesting Caseload Waivers
- Class Size/Caseload Summary
- Related Service: Transportation Template by School Site
- Related Service: LEA Transportation Summary Form
Optional Documents for LEA Use
Indicator 13 Forms
Indicator 15 Forms