Specific Learning Disabilities
CONTACT :: Lynne Loeser, Consultant
The Specific Learning Disabilities Program serves as a resource to local education agencies, charter schools, and state operated programs. The consultant for the Specific Learning Disabilities Program is involved with program planning, development, and training to strengthen the quality of education for students with Specific Learning Disabilities and those with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
Learning Disabilities/ADHD Organizations
- Learning Disabilities Association of North Carolina
- Learning Disabilities Association of America
- The International Dyslexia Association
- CHADD (Children & Adults with Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Council for Exceptional Children - Division for Learning Disabilities
Learning Disabilities Links
- The Hill Center
The mission of The Hill Center is to provide specialized multi-sensory instruction, enabling students with learning disabilities or attention deficit disorder to achieve their full potential. The Hill Center offers a variety of professional development workshops for teachers.
- LDonline / ADHD
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- National Research Center on Learning Disabilities
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities