July through September 2015 Testing Dates
- July 28 and 29, 2015 Wilmington
- August 3 and 4, 2015 Wilson
- September 18 and 19, 2015 Morganton
This is a NEW process. There are several changes to note:
1. Registration will no longer go through Dr. Ragin. Deborah Leisey,LTA will be managing the registration process.
2. To register complete the REQUEST TO TEST form. You must prove eligibility by providing one of the following. Proof that:
- You are an educational interpreter employed by a public schools
- You are a recent graduate (within the last 6th months) of a NC Interpreter Training Program (ITP)
- You are an educational interpreter working in the public or charter school through a contract agency a minimum of 20hours a week.
- You have completed a Pre-Hire Screening through Boys Town and have received a thumbs up
If you do not meet one of the above you may still request to test but will be required to pay a 75 dollar administration fee in addition to the fee for the EIPA. All of the above listed will be given first priority.
When you request to test you will be required to submit payment and your proof of eligibility before you are given a slot. Once received the LTA will schedule you. Scheduling is on a first come first serve basis.
If you have questions please contact Deborah Leisey at firstname.lastname@example.org
A web site is designed to help educational teams in K - 12 settings support deaf and hard of hearing students who use an educational interpreter to access education and social interaction. Information about the EIPA can also be found on this website.
This information is old. A new hand book is under construction.
- Recruiting an Interpreter
- Job Description for Interpreter/Cued Language Transliterator
- Performance Appraisal Instrument for Educational Interpreter/Cued Language Transliterators
- Suggested Portfolios for Educational Interpreters/Cued Language Transliterators
Cued Language Transliterator Agency
- (A.A.S. degree)
- (A.A.S. degree)
- Wilson Technical Community College (A.A.S. degree)
- (B.A. degree)
- University of Tennessee - Knoxville (B.A. degree)
- Western Piedmont Community College (A.A.S. degree)
- Gardner Webb University