Deaf & Hard of Hearing
The Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Statewide System of Support serves as a support to local education agencies, including charter schools, and the two schools for the deaf. Consultants for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Program are available for consultation in program planning and development, training, mentoring and technical assistance that lead to a quality education for students who are deaf or hard-of-hearing. The team can also assist with questions about policy related to students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Sherri Vernelson, Section Chief, Sensory Support & Assistive Technology - 919.807.3982
- Vacant, Districts 1&2 - contact the Section Chief listed above
- Vacant, Districts 3&4 - contact the Section Chief listed above
- Vacant, Districts 5&6 - contact the Section Chief listed above
- Michele Neal, Districts 7&8 - 336.497.6456
Workshops and Training
Find workshop and training opportunities by visiting the Exceptional Children Online Events Calendar.
Listservs for All Educational Interpreters & Deaf Educators
DPI maintains three listservs. They are Deaf & Hard of Hearing Professionals, Educational Audiologists and Educational Interpreters/Cued Language Transliterators. You can join any or all listservs by contacting Sherri Vernelson at the NCDPI at email@example.com.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Professionals
Information for Professionals that work with students who have hearing loss
Information for Educational Interpreters and Cued Language Transliterators.