The North Carolina Deaf-blind Project provides free technical assistance to children and youth with deaf-blindness from birth through 21 years of age and their families. The following are examples of the type of assistance which may be offered:
- Information and Referrals: Access state and national resources. Receive a free resource packet.
- Consultation: Speak with a Family specialist or NCDPI consultant.
- Training: Attend our conferences and meet national and international experts. Learn at a workshop, retreat or (on the internet)
- Networking: Meet and share with other families. Bi-monthly phone family phone calls.
- Outreach: Assistance in locating children who may have both a vision and hearing loss.
North Carolina Deaf-Blind Project Family Specialists
- Margaret Richardson
- Mary Espinola
- Exceptional Children's Assistance Center
- Debra T. Pickens
ECAC Parent Educator
800.962.6817 ext. 327
- Mary LaCorte
Assistant Director and PTI Project Director